- Successful July 2019 Illinois exam applicant
- Valparaiso University Law School, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Social Work, Specialization in Leadership and Development in Social Services, May 2015
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Social Work, May 2014
- Minor: Psychology
Deborah received her bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University. As an undergraduate, Deborah interned at Hiscock Legal Aid Society as well as at the Cook County State’s Attorneys Office. Deborah went on to get her master’s in social work at Loyola University Chicago.
While at the Loyola University Chicago, Deborah interned at Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Cook County. Deborah then went on to Valparaiso University Law School to receive her Juris Doctor. During law school, Deborah interned at DCFS Legal and was a 711 certified intern at Legal Aid Chicago ( formerly LAF). Deborah had the distinction of being a Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) intern while at Legal Aid Chicago and received the honor of being the Sidley Austin honorary intern.
Deborah went onto be a 2.1 certified intern at the Valparaiso University Law Domestic Violence Clinic. Upon graduating from law school, Deborah successfully passed the Illinois bar exam and was sworn into the Illinois bar.